Keywords: These are important to learn the definitions and spellings.
- African Griot
- MC (Master of ceremonies)
- Triad Chord (1,3,5)
- Bass Line (Riff/Ostinato)
- Tempo, Speed, allegro (fast) and largo (very slow)
- Structure, The order of the sections- beginning, middle, end- AB, ABA, Intro, verse, chorus ETC
- Double/ Single time.
- Melody, The Tune, the bit you sing.
- Pitch, high and low notes.
- Dynamics, volume, forte (loud), Piano (quiet)
- Timbre/Instruments, The different sounds you create (e.g. click, stomp, clap, rub)
- Texture, How many different parts (thick, thin, monophonic, homophonic, polyphonic)
- Rhythm, A pattern of long and short notes
- Silence,........shush........a pause/break in the music.
- Duration, How looooonng or short notes are.