PE and Sport Premium
Primary PE and Sports Funding
The Government announced that is providing funding of £150 million per annum from 2013 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments of Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sports, and will see money going directly to primary schools (Middle deemed Primary) to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The rationale is that it will capitalise on the legacy of the 2012 Olympic Games.
Schools have to spend the PE and sports funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, and have the freedom to choose how to do this.
- Improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision
- Provide CPD for staff to improve provision
- Provide opportunities for children to access different levels of competition
- Increase the levels of participation in extra-curricular activities both in and out of school to promote healthy lifestyles
- Provide opportunities for children to try new sports and activities
PE and Sport Premium Report
Please click on the PDF below for a report containing the following information:
- Sports Grant Expenditure 2018 - 2019
- Budgeted Sports Grant Expenditure 2019 - 2020
- Swimming - meeting National Curriculum requirements
- Details of how we are measuring the impact of our expenditure