PE and Sport Premium
Primary PE and Sports Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
The Department for Education (DfE) spent over £450 million on improving physical education and sport in primary schools over the last 4 academic years. The Premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of primary aged pupils within and beyond the school day to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
- Engage all pupils in regular physical activity - increase the amount of time for physical activity in school (CMO guidelines - minimum of 30 minutes a day in school).
- The profile of PESSPA being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport
PE and Sport Premium Report
Please click on the PDF below for a report containing the following information:
- Sports Grant Expenditure 2021-22
- Swimming - meeting National Curriculum requirements