PSHE (Current Affairs)
Task 1: Let’s begin by looking at today’s current affairs.
Watch todays bulletin by using the link below;
Discuss with your pod, or family at home what you have seen.
You might discuss:
Do any of the reports surprise you?
Do you agree/disagree with any of the reports?
Which one was the most interesting?
Did the bulletin give you all the information you wanted? If not, what questions do you have?
This week we are going to be looking at the life of Dame Vera Lynn.
Follow the PowerPoint.
Choose at least one of the following:
- Create a timeline for the major events in Dame Vera Lynn’s life.
- Create a short biography for Dame Vera Lynn.
- Sketch a portrait of Dame Vera Lynn.
- Listen to the songs ‘We’ll Meet Again’ and ‘White Cliffs of Dover’ can you create your own lyrics based around our current ‘lockdown’?
- If you are feeling musical, learn on of the songs yourself.
- Find out about other people who helped to boost moral during the WW2.
- Are there any ‘modern day’ examples of people like Dame Vera Lynn?
*Due to the nature of this week’s learning there are no answers*