TASK ONE – How to make a bug hotel.
TASK TWO – Make your bug hotel
You will need:
- 1 x pop bottle/milk carton.
- Natural materials you have found in the woods (make sure it is dry):
- Fir cones
String if you are going to hang it up.
5 or 6 toilet roll tubes.
- Go into the woods and collect natural objects to fill your bottle/carton with – make sure they are dry.
- If you are going to hang it up thread the string through the bottle and tie the ends together.
- Layer the natural objects into your bottle/carton. Make sure it is packed in tightly.
- If you are using toilet roll tubes fill each one with a different natural material then put into your bottle/carton, fill the gaps with more natural material.
- Home Learner - When your bug hotel is ready either hang it up or place it under a bush in your garden.
- School Learner - take your bug hotel to Jubilee Woods and place it in the wooden pallets (top right-hand corner).
- If you have time paint your pots from last week.
- Resources – Tubs/equipment is to be collected from and returned to the table outside of the Green Lab. One tub/set of equipment is provided for each child.
- Paint/brushes on request from Green Lab.
Wet weather programme – On-line escape room (I have permission to use this within school). https://forms.gle/g7yTf6SmxapyXbZt6
Instructions – observations skills are a must, make notes as you go along. Allow them to choose the incorrect answers or go off and complete the other options. If you need the answers I have them.