MAKE YOUR OWN WOODLAND MONSTER
TASK ONE – Look at the pictures to give you some ideas of woodland monsters.
TASK TWO – Build your woodland monster
You will need:
- A stick.
- 1 x tube (containing string/wool/scissors/fir cones/plasticine).
- Natural materials you have found in the woods.
- Find your stick (the more twisted and gnarled the better).
- Go into the wood and find natural objects to attach to your stick to make your woodland monster.
- Make your woodland monster.
- Give your monster a name and maybe a special power.
TASK THREE – Story time
- Tell the rest of the group about your monster, its name, what type of monster it is, the different features it has e.g. tongue like a snake, teeth like a shark, wings like an eagle etc. Any special powers or what does or can it do.
- Now that you have given your monster a name makeup a story about him/her and tell the group.
Resources – Tubs/equipment is to be collected from and returned to the table outside of the Green Lab. One tub/set of equipment is provided for each child.
Instructions – observations skills are a must, make notes as you go along. Allow them to choose the incorrect answers or go off and complete the other options. If you need the answers I have them.