Witton Middle School
Here we have links to things that you can do and places that you can go. There is also some information about interesting people.
Easter Biscuits & Easter Brownie Bites
Interesting facts about Frida Kahlo
- Frida was born in Mexico, but her father was German.
- Her name, which was originally spelled "Frieda" means "peace" in German.
- Frida survived both polio and a bus crash.
- She married a man with a name even longer than hers. Her husband's full name was Diego María de la Concepción Juan Nepomuceno Estanislao de la Rivera y Barrientos Acosta y Rodríguez.
- She exaggerated her facial hair in her self-portraits.
- Because of the bright clothing she wore, she was asked by children, "Where’s the circus?"
- She was born and died in the same house, called "La Casa Azul" (The Blue House), which is now known as Frida Kahlo Museum.