Geography- Understanding how and why earthquakes occur.
You will need to look at the following powerpoint or PDF and follow the instructions below.
- Slide 2-Look at Folkstone news article. Create some enquiry questions relating to this event.
- Slide 3- Gives a brief summary about earthquakes in the UK and there is an opportunity to research British Geological Survey
- Slide 4 -re-caps plate boundary knowledge from previous lesson.
- Slide 5 and 6 - Looks in more depth at ‘Transform Plate Boundaries’
- Slide 7, 8 and 9 - Learn about structure of an earthquake and then research how they are measured.
- Slide 10 to 4- Learn about San Andrea fault (video clips to dip in and out of).
- Slide 15- Understand how people and countries prepare for earthquakes
Your Task- You are living in an earthquake zone. You need to be prepared in order to keep safe and survive any disaster. Make a leaflet or poster with some top tips.