This week’s task is all about topography. Topography is the study of the shape and features of land surfaces.
Follow the instructions about how to create a map of India showing its physical geography:
- Shade the sea blue and label the countries and ocean surrounding India
- Colour your map to show the areas of highland shown. Don’t forget a key!
- Label on the main cities
- Calcutta (Kolkata)
Use your map to answer these questions:
- Is India generally a lowland or highland country?
- Where are the lowland areas?
- Where is the highest land and what is it called?
- What pattern do you notice about where India’s biggest cities are located?
- What reasons can you think of for why large cities might grow up along the coasts?