Current affairs and self-esteem
Let’s begin by looking at today’s current affairs.
Watch today's bulletin by using the link below;
Discuss with your pod, or family at home what you have seen.
You might discuss the following questions:
- Do any of the reports surprise you?
- Do you agree/disagree with any of the reports?
- Which one was the most interesting?
- Did the bulletin give you all the information you wanted? If not what questions do you have?
Discuss the following with your pod or family at home:
- What is self-esteem?
- Write a definition of self-esteem.
- Check the definition by looking it up in a dictionary or asking the leader of your Pod.
Spin the wheel on the PowerPoint (click to spin, click again to stop)or choose 5 of the words from the spinner in the picture below.
Whichever word the spinner stops on, or whichever words you have chosen, each member of your pod or family should write down or say a positive statement. For example: ‘I feel proud of myself because I am learning my times tables and getting better at them each day.’
Play the game again but this time think of someone else you know. This could be someone in your family, pod, friendship group etc.
Write down your ideas and next time you see them tell them about your ideas. 😊
You could create something for you or the other person to keep them positive.
- Acrostic poem
*Due to the nature of this weeks learning there are no answers*