Task 1: Let’s begin by looking at today’s current affairs.
Watch todays bulletin by using the link below;
Discuss with your pod, or family at home what you have seen.
You might discuss:
Do any of the reports surprise you?
Do you agree/disagree with any of the reports?
Which one was the most interesting?
Did the bulletin give you all the information you wanted? If not, what questions do you have?
This week we are going to be looking at the Sun Safety.
Its nearly the end of term and you might find yourself enjoying the sunshine a bit more.
The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can be dangerous if you don’t protect yourself.
It is also important to remember that the UV light can damage your skin – even if it is cloudy!
Follow the PowerPoint.
Discuss in your Pod or with your family at home the questions that come up.
Have a look at the NHS website for more information on sun safety - https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/sunscreen-and-sun-safety/
Extension: - Choose at least one of the following tasks
- Design an information page or mini booklet telling people how to keep safe in the sun.
- SMART sun safety
- UV rays
- Did you know facts
- Sun cream SPF and star ratings
- Decide whether your poster should be aimed at younger children, older children, or adults.
- Create a check list for things to pack in your bag – ready for a day in the sun.
- Write an acrostic poem about sun safety.
- Design a poster showing someone who is ready to be safe in the sun.
- Create a wordsearch or crossword whereby the answers are linked to sun safety.
*All information needed to complete these tasks are within the PowerPoint and NHS website*