Task 1: Let’s begin by looking at today’s current affairs.
Watch todays bulletin by using the link below;
Discuss with your pod, or family at home what you have seen.
You might discuss:
Do any of the reports surprise you?
Do you agree/disagree with any of the reports?
Which one was the most interesting?
Did the bulletin give you all the information you wanted? If not, what questions do you have?
This week we are going to be looking at the Water Safety.
Follow the PowerPoint.
Discuss in your Pod or with your family at home the questions that come up.
- Design a poster telling people how to keep safe in the water.
- general water safety or specific to a certain type of water, such as swimming pools or the beach.
- Decide whether your poster should be aimed at younger children, older children or adults.
- Look at the work of the RNLI www.rnli.org
- What is the RNLI?
- What does a volunteer do
- How could people help the RNLI?
- What are the different types of lifeboats?
- Other interesting facts
- Sketch a lifeboat
*Due to the nature of this week’s learning there are no answers*