LO: LEAF IDENTIFICATION TRAIL
TASK (Home Learners)
1. Look at the attached activity sheet (print if you are able).
2. Go on a walk with your activity sheets around your local area and see how many leaves you can identify.
3. Or collect different leaves when out on your walk and see how many you can identify when you get home.
TASK ONE (In School) – Identify leaves
You will need:
White board & pen.
Set of named leaves and answer sheet.
1. In your area 20 numbered laminated leaves have been hidden for you to find and identify.
2. Lay out the named leaves so that the Pod can walk around them and see each leaf.
3. On their white boards they need to write the numbers 1-20.
4. Set the children off around your area to find the numbered leaves.
5. When they find one they need to write the name next to the number on their white board.
6. If they are unsure they can always come back and check with the named leaves.
7. Remind them not to move any of the numbered leaves as other Pods will be using them.
TASK TWO – Evaluation
When everyone has identified as many leaves as they can go through the answers.