LO: BUG HOTEL
TASK ONE – How to make a bug hotel.
TASK TWO – Make your bug hotel
You will need:
1 x pop bottle/milk carton.
Natural materials you have found in the woods (make sure it is dry):
- Fir cones
String if you are going to hang it up.
5 or 6 toilet roll tubes.
1) Go into the woods and collect natural objects to fill your bottle/carton with – make sure they are dry.
2) If you are going to hang it up thread the string through the bottle and tie the ends together.
3) Layer the natural objects into your bottle/carton. Make sure it is packed in tightly.
3) If you are using toilet roll tubes fill each one with a different natural material then put into your bottle/carton, fill the gaps with more natural material.
4) Home Learner - When your bug hotel is ready either hang it up or place it under a bush in your garden.
5) School Learner - take your bug hotel to Jubilee Woods and place it in the wooden pallets (top right-hand corner).
6) If you have time paint your pots from last week.