Welcome to 7QM's class page.
Miss Quine, Mr Palmer and Mrs Miele
Our litter pick in the sunshine was a great success. We found lots of litter and were surprised how old some of it actually was. We will follow this up in school in the coming weeks. Though we sadly can't have our usual transfer day to the high school this year, we look forward to a brief visit from a member of their staff on Thursday to talk to us about life at the high school. We are looking forward to our sports day on 7th July and our trip to Drayton Manor and wonder who will be the winners of the Witton Oscars this year. Lots of events are packed into our remaining weeks at Witton. Don't forget to order your school photos.
As part of our school policy, pupils must keep mobile phones in their classroom safe throughout the school day. This is for the safety of all adults and pupils. Any phones found left in your bag will be taken to the school office for collection.
Now you are settled back in school, your homework routine should be well established including Read Theory and Times Table Rock Stars. You are expected to complete the following tasks weekly:
- Maths – booklet and MyMaths Online
- English – SPaG booklet
- Daily Times Table Rock Stars Online
- Read Theory Online
Logging onto the Read Theory website to practise your reading comprehension skills at least three times a week. Will you get the accolade for the most knowledge points?
Everyone has received a login details for ttrockstars. We need to make sure that our class wins the Battle of the Bands to earn the golden time reward. Make sure you complete at least 3 minutes in the garage or studio a day.
Please see the epraise planner for your individual expectations. Where logins and passwords are required, you must record your details somewhere safe or if forgotten, contact your teacher before the due date.
Uniform and Equipment
In order maintain high standards, we expect you to come to school in full uniform or PE kit on PE days. We have noticed a number of children wearing trainers or missing their tie. Please contact ask parents to contact your teacher if there is a reason for missing or alternative uniform.
In addition to uniform, you are required to provide your own equipment (blue pen, pencil, red pen, ruler, eraser and glue stick). We are unable to share equipment under our covid-19 risk assessment and therefore it is essential that you come to school prepared for lessons.
You all received a ‘Citizenship Award’ booklet in the Autumn term. This is an award, just for year 7, that aims to help with character development and independence. Inside the booklet is a list of tasks we would like you to engage with and provide evidence that you have done so. There are three levels (bronze, silver and gold), which you can earn badges and merits for; finishing the year with an overall award presented in your end of year assembly. Lockdown has limited opportunities for you to gather evidence and only a small number of children have earned an award so far. Now, that we have re-launched the award, I hope to award more badges in the coming weeks.
Our virtual African tribes museum
Great collaborative geography
Great collaborative geography work
World day really inspired 7QM!
Head teachers awards
Sophie, Phoebe, Lily W and Holly for their superb writing from World day.
Scott cooked his family some foods from recipes we used in school .
Owen made a lemon drizzle cake.
Toby started back to dolphins swimming and is please to be swimming again.
Tristan is starting his contact rugby again and really looking forward to this
Holly made her family a chicken and vegetable soup using the skills learnt in school.
Finn is starting golf again at Gaudet Luce. He is working towards gaining his official handicap score. He hopes for 40.
Reading reviews- our recommendations on the hall of fame
It was wonderful to see the children dressing up and having some Halloween fun on our last day. The children have worked very hard and deserved the sugar fueled, scary, relaxed afternoon.
Well done to Scott for the most creative costume in class!
- Please continue to read for pleasure.
- How many books have you read on your bookopoly? Will you be the first to complete a set or a challenge?
- Your homework will be set by your maths and English teachers. When you log onto epraise, you can click onto the calendar icon to see what you need to do and when it is due.
- Mrs Miele's maths :Monday mymaths is set and completed by Wednesday. Thursday our book work for maths is set and handed in on the following Thursday.
- Mrs Miele will set spelling homework on Monday for Friday. Miss Quine will set our grammar work on Thursday.
- We would love to add a copy of your work to our 'Hall of Fame' gallery. Check out the great deli salad photos from DT.
- Your PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!
Hall of fame
- Check out the photos of our fabulous cell models, deli salads, ragu sauce and soup.