Welcome to 7PS's class page
Hello 7PS, welcome back to Witton, I hope you had a wonderful summer holiday and are ready to come back and had a great final year!
This year is about embracing new challenges and responsibilities; developing more independence and preparing for high school. We aim to support you by delivering a broad and balanced curriculum in a positive and engaging learning environment. This term, we will be focusing on ensuring you settle quickly into your new year group; make a smooth transition from key stage 2 to 3 and embrace our exciting Year 7 curriculum.
Upcoming News and Events:
- Phones - as part of our school policy, you must keep your mobile phones in the classroom safe throughout the school day. This is for the safety of all adults and pupils.
- Water bottles - please ensure you have a water bottle that you can refill throughout the day in order to stay hydrated.
Uniform - in order maintain high standards, we expect you to come to school in full uniform or PE kit on PE days. Please ask parents to contact your teacher if there is a reason for missing or alternative uniform.
Equipment - you are required to provide your own equipment (black pen, pencil, red pen, ruler, eraser, sharpener and glue stick). It is essential that you come to school prepared for lessons.
- Homework - please see your epraise planner for your individual expectations. Where logins and passwords are required, you must record your details somewhere safe or if forgotten, contact your teacher before the due date.
You are expected to complete the following tasks weekly:
- Weekly Maths – Century online
- Weekly English – Century or Grammar tasks
- Daily Times Table Rock Stars Online - 5 minutes a day
- Daily Reading - 15 minutes a day
- Weekly Spellings Online - EdShed
You will all receive a ‘Citizenship Award’ booklet in the Autumn term. This is an award, just for year 7, that aims to help with character development and independence. Inside the booklet is a list of tasks we would like you to engage with and provide evidence that you have done so. After you have gathered evidence for at least 7/8 of the tasks, show your teacher and they will decide whether you have done enough to have your award signed off. There are three levels (bronze, silver and gold), which you can earn badges and merits for - these will be announced in assembly. Once achieved, you will see you name appear under the headings below...it is time to start gathering evidence! Good Luck!
BRONZE AWARDS SILVER AWARDS GOLD AWARDS
Epraise Point Top 5
Overall Form First Place!!!
Most Points This Week!
Will you be in the top 5 next week?
Will you be top points for the week?
Or will you be most improved?
- Please continue to read for pleasure.
- Droitwich Library is open again. Alternatively, you can download free e-books and audiobooks from Worcestershire Libraries using BorrowBox. If you are not a library member, you can join instantly with a Digital Library Membership.
- Your PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!