Welcome to 7QM's class page.
Miss Quine and Mrs Miele
Monday 11th January 2021
We are now entering into week two of remote learning! It was fantastic to see so many of you joining the live lessons and saving work in your folders on Microsoft Teams last week. Don't forget to click the 'done' button on Epraise and then your teacher can give you feedback and Epraise points.
From this week, we will be setting you four lessons a day (with some reading and assemblies too). You will continue to have live maths and English lessons and your other subjects will be saved in 'Year 7' on Microsoft Teams.
Try to make the most of break times to have a rest from the screen so you can get some fresh air and exercise. We will be putting some PE/exercise ideas online for you to use if you wish.
Remember you can message any of your teachers through epraise. We will still be teaching those children that are in school but we will endeavour to reply as soon as possible.
Stay safe and keep learning!
Mrs Miele and Mr Palmer
Great collaborative geography
Great collaborative geography work
World day really inspired 7QM!
Head teachers awards
Sophie, Phoebe, Lily W and Holly for their superb writing from World day.
Scott cooked his family some foods from recipes we used in school .
Owen made a lemon drizzle cake.
Toby started back to dolphins swimming and is please to be swimming again.
Tristan is starting his contact rugby again and really looking forward to this
Holly made her family a chicken and vegetable soup using the skills learnt in school.
Finn is starting golf again at Gaudet Luce. He is working towards gaining his official handicap score. He hopes for 40.
Reading reviews- our recommendations on the hall of fame
CHRISTMAS CARDS AT SCHOOL THIS YEAR
We will be giving everybody the opportunity to send Christmas cards this year, if you would like to get involved.
Things will need to be a bit different to ensure that we are being Covid secure.
There will be a posting box in the concourse by the dining hall. Cards will need to be posted in there on your way to lunch.
This can be done any day from Monday 30th November to Monday 7th December.
This allows for quarantining the cards for a period of time before we distribute them to each class on Friday 11th December, which will be our ‘Christmas day at Witton’
Cards will then be put straight into bags to take home.
Each card will need to be clearly labelled with the FULL name and CLASS of the person you are sending it to.
Due to Covid restrictions this year, children CANNOT pass cards or gifts directly to each other in school.
It was wonderful to see the children dressing up and having some Halloween fun on our last day. The children have worked very hard and deserved the sugar fueled, scary, relaxed afternoon.
Well done to Scott for the most creative costume in class!
- Please continue to read for pleasure.
- How many books have you read on your bookopoly? Will you be the first to complete a set or a challenge?
- Your homework will be set by your maths and English teachers. When you log onto epraise, you can click onto the calendar icon to see what you need to do and when it is due.
- Mrs Miele's maths :Monday mymaths is set and completed by Wednesday. Thursday our book work for maths is set and handed in on the following Thursday.
- Mrs Miele will set spelling homework on Monday for Friday. Miss Quine will set our grammar work on Thursday.
- We would love to add a copy of your work to our 'Hall of Fame' gallery. Check out the great deli salad photos from DT.
- Your PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!
Hall of fame
- Check out the photos of our fabulous cell models, deli salads, ragu sauce and now soup. Jam tarts is our cooking after half term.