Welcome to 7KW’s class page
Have a lovely, chocolate-filled Easter and I will see you on Monday 19th April. I can’t wait to hear what you have read during the holidays.
Next half term, we will start a new topic on mystery and gothic fiction, beginning with Sherlock Holmes. In maths, we will revise addition of fractions before exploring ratio. To build on the chemistry we did last term, we will be investigating acids and bases in the labs. We will soon begin learning about sustainability in geography and urban art in art.
- Please continue to read for pleasure. You can borrow a book from our class shelf.
- Droitwich Library is closed at the moment but you can download free e-books and audiobooks from Worcestershire Libraries using BorrowBox. If you are not a library member, you can join instantly with a Digital Library Membership.
- I am reading a non-fiction book about evolution called, “Unfit for Purpose” by Adam Hart.
- In class, we are reading, “The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas” by John Boyne.
- You can log into the Read Theory website using your school email address and password. There are lots of quizzes to try.
- There are suggestions of PE activities to do at home on the website. There are also daily challenges in teams.
- Your PE lessons are on Monday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!
- Your homework will be set by your maths and English teachers. When you log onto epraise, you can click onto the calendar icon to see what you need to do and when it is due.
- I would love to add a copy of your work to our 'Hall of Fame' gallery.
ttrockstars (3 minutes in the Garage 5 times a week)
maths CGP book (2-4 pages set by your maths teacher. This will be marked in maths lessons)
Read for pleasure (at least 15 minutes every day)
Read Theory (15 minutes 3 times a week)
Spellings (10 words given out on Monday and tested on Friday)
SPAG CGP book (2-4 pages set by your English teacher. This will be marked in English lessons)
Hall of fame
- I look forward to recording your achievements in here!