Welcome to 7KW’s class page
This week, we will be doing assessments in English and maths. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to show off everything that you have learned this year. Always remember to check your answers and reread the question to ensure that you have responded fully! You should bring a ruler, protractor and compasses if you have them. You will also need a calculator for one of the maths tests. Make sure it is named!
In art, we will be making some 3D letters (like Robert Indiana) so it would be fantastic if you could bring in some thin cardboard (e.g. cereal boxes).
- Please continue to read for pleasure. You can borrow a book from our class shelf or ask Mrs Strange for a specific title, author or genre.
- Droitwich Library is open again and you can also download free e-books and audiobooks from Worcestershire Libraries using BorrowBox. If you are not a library member, you can join instantly with a Digital Library Membership.
- I am reading "Renia's Diary" by a Polish Jew (Renia Spiegel) during World War II. It is a true story that links with what we are reading together...
- In class, we are reading, “The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas” by John Boyne.
- You can log into the Read Theory website using your school email address and password. There are lots of quizzes to try.
- After-school clubs are restarting from May 17th 2021. You can do football on Tuesdays or netball on Wednesdays. Ask your parents to sign you up via the ParentPay website.
- There are suggestions of PE activities to do at home on the website. There are also daily challenges in teams.
- Your PE lessons are on Monday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!
- Your homework will be set by your maths and English teachers. When you log onto epraise, you can click onto the calendar icon to see what you need to do and when it is due.
- I would love to add a copy of your work to our 'Hall of Fame' gallery.
ttrockstars (3 minutes in the Garage 5 times a week)
maths CGP book (2-4 pages set by your maths teacher. This will be marked in maths lessons)
Read for pleasure (at least 15 minutes every day)
Read Theory (15 minutes 3 times a week)
Spellings (10 words given out on Monday and tested on Friday)
SPAG CGP book (2-4 pages set by your English teacher. This will be marked in English lessons)
Hall of fame
- I look forward to recording your achievements in here!