Welcome to 7KW’s class page
I hope you are looking forward to your first full week of school. Remember that you need PE kit on Mondays and Fridays. Homework will start this week so don’t forget to check your epraise for your tasks. You will also be able to find a list of the ingredients you need to make your deli salad in DT. We will be carrying on with place value in maths and “Clockwork” in English. You will also have your first geography lessons with a new topic about Antarctica.
Have you signed up for any clubs yet? Your grown-ups should be able to register you via ParentPay.
- Phones - as part of our school policy, you must keep your mobile phones in the classroom safe throughout the school day. This is for the safety of all adults and pupils. Consider carefully whether you actually need to bring a phone into school.
- Water bottles - please ensure you have a water bottle that you can refill throughout the day in order to stay hydrated.
Uniform - in order maintain high standards, we expect you to come to school in full uniform or PE kit on PE days. Please ask parents to contact your teacher if there is a reason for missing or alternative uniform.
Equipment - you are required to provide your own equipment (blue pen, pencil, red pen, ruler, eraser, sharpener and glue stick). It is essential that you come to school prepared for lessons.
Target for end of autumn 1 (21st October 2021) = 1500
Current total = 238
- Please continue to read for pleasure. You can borrow a book from our class shelf or ask Mrs Strange for a specific title, author or genre.
- Droitwich Library is open again and you can also download free e-books and audiobooks from Worcestershire Libraries using BorrowBox. If you are not a library member, you can join instantly with a Digital Library Membership.
- I am reading "Children of Blood and Bone" by Tomi Adeyemu. It is a fantasy story based on Nigerian mythologies. The adventure follows four children as they try to restore magic. It is very exciting and I can really imagine it being made into a film as there are lots of exciting action scenes!
- We will choose what book we want to read in class in our first week back.
- You can log into the Read Theory website using your school email address and password. There are lots of quizzes to try.
You will all receive a ‘Citizenship Award’ booklet in the Autumn term. This is an award, just for year 7, that aims to help with character development and independence. Inside the booklet is a list of tasks we would like you to engage with and provide evidence that you have done so. After you have gathered evidence for at least 7/8 of the tasks, show your teacher and they will decide whether you have done enough to have your award signed off. There are three levels (bronze, silver and gold), which you can earn badges and merits for - these will be announced in assembly. Once achieved, you will see you name appear under the headings below...it is time to start gathering evidence! Good Luck!
- Details about after school clubs and how to register through the ParentPay website will come out soon.
- There are suggestions of PE activities to do at home on the website. There are also daily challenges in teams.
- Your PE lessons are on Monday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!
- Your homework will be set by your maths and English teachers. When you log onto epraise, you can click onto the calendar icon to see what you need to do and when it is due.
- I would love to add a copy of your work to our 'Hall of Fame' gallery.
ttrockstars (3 minutes in the Garage 5 times a week)
Read for pleasure (at least 15 minutes every day)
Read Theory (15 minutes 3 times a week)
Spellings (10 words given out on Monday and tested on Friday)
Hall of fame
I look forward to recording your achievements here: