Welcome to 7KW’s class page
The rules about masks have changed. We don't need to wear them during lessons but we do need to wear them in corridors so remember to have a clean one with you every day.
I am pleased to see that we have climbed up into second place in this term's TTRS tournament. Can we push into top spot so we can get our hands on the trophy? It was also great to see how many of you have improved your studio speed. Keep up the good work. Remember to do 3 minutes in the garage each day.
The collaborative collages you are making in art are progressing well. Remember to collect any materials you wish to include. You will be visiting the library during your English lessons this week. Please remember to bring in any books that need renewing or exchanging.
Thank you to everyone who has paid for the poetry slam. We are still awaiting a couple of payments. You can still pay via ParentPay. There are still spaces for some clubs (including science club on Wednesdays) but you can no longer sign up via ParentPay. Instead, please contact the office to add your name to the register.
- Phones - as part of our school policy, you must keep your mobile phones in the classroom safe throughout the school day. This is for the safety of all adults and pupils. Consider carefully whether you actually need to bring a phone into school.
- Water bottles - please ensure you have a water bottle that you can refill throughout the day in order to stay hydrated.
Uniform - in order maintain high standards, we expect you to come to school in full uniform or PE kit on PE days. Please ask parents to contact your teacher if there is a reason for missing or alternative uniform.
Equipment - you are required to provide your own equipment (blue pen, pencil, red pen, ruler, eraser, sharpener and glue stick). It is essential that you come to school prepared for lessons.
Target for end of spring 1 (18th February 2022) = 4880
Current total (23/1) = 3885
- Please continue to read for pleasure. I will check your reading diary during TTT on Fridays; make sure you have recorded 5 reads to get your epraise point.
- You will visit the library during English lessons. Alternatively, you can borrow a book from our class shelf.
- Droitwich Library is open again and you can also download free e-books and audiobooks from Worcestershire Libraries using BorrowBox. If you are not a library member, you can join instantly with a Digital Library Membership.
- I have just borrowed, "Paris by Starlight" by Robert Dinsdale from the library. I haven't started to read it yet but I chose it because it sounds like an interesting story.
- We have voted to read “The boy in the striped pyjamas” by John Boyne.
You will all receive a ‘Citizenship Award’ booklet in the Autumn term. This is an award, just for year 7, that aims to help with character development and independence. Inside the booklet is a list of tasks we would like you to engage with and provide evidence that you have done so. After you have gathered evidence for at least 7/8 of the tasks, show your teacher and they will decide whether you have done enough to have your award signed off. There are three levels (bronze, silver and gold), which you can earn badges and merits for - these will be announced in assembly. Once achieved, you will see you name appear under the headings below...it is time to start gathering evidence! Good Luck!
- Your PE lessons are on Monday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!
- Your homework will be set by your maths and English teachers. When you log onto epraise, you can click onto the calendar icon to see what you need to do and when it is due.
- I would love to add a copy of your work to our 'Hall of Fame' gallery.
ttrockstars (3 minutes in the Garage 5 times a week)
Read for pleasure (at least 15 minutes every day)
Hall of fame
Well done to everyone who has work on the Hall of Fame. When will your work be on there?