Welcome to 7KW’s class page
Monday 1st June
Welcome back! I hope you have had a lovely half term. I enjoyed playing tennis, went on a couple of bike rides and finished a patchwork quilt.
We had a busy day today preparing for more pupils to return. It will be very different but I am looking forward to seeing some more of you. As the school day is changing slightly, you will see that there are a few changes to the work online. Not only are we learning some Spanish, there will also be some outdoor activities. You could use these towards your #30DaysWild challenge. If you have not signed up, do so here. Have you been reading J K Rowling’s new story, “The Ickabog”? We will be creating illustrations for it in art this week. I look forward to seeing your work when you submit it via epraise.
Miss Carr tells me that DSHS are hoping to send out their transition packs soon. In the meantime, you can start your transition work for music which is on the year 7 learning page.
Have a fabulous week!
- I hope this is going well. If you have any questions, need some guidance or just want to share your work, please try using messages on epraise.
- I would love to add a photo of your work to the 'Work of The Week' gallery.
- Remember to fill in your reading journal; for every four reads, you will get an epraise point and a raffle ticket when we welcome you back to school. Will you be lucky enough to win the chocolate for our school closure period?
- Having downloaded and read five free e-books from Worcestershire Libraries using BorrowBox, I wanted to read a paper book. I am reading a non-fiction account of 617 squadron during World War II, “The Dam Busters” by Paul Brickhill. If you are not a library member, you can join instantly with a Digital Library Membership.
- Have you seen that you can listen to some audiobooks for FREE on audible? My choice would be ‘Astrophysics for young people in a hurry’. It would be just like you lot asking me loads of science questions so you can avoid work.... not that you would ever do that! You can also now listen to Stephen Fry read 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Book 1'.
- Speaking of Harry Potter, have you downloaded the free Wizarding World app? It has loads of free quizzes and puzzles.
Hall of fame
- Well done to Bob for winning the reading journal raffle for spring 2 half term.
- Six children have now received their bronze citizenship award. Will you be next?
- Congratulations to Stella from Awful Auntie by David Walliams and Mr Twit from The Twits by Roald Dahl for winning the class certificates on World Book Day.