Welcome to 7JC's class page
Happy New Year!
New Year...New Term...New Opportunities. What success will 2022 bring for you?
Welcome back 7JC - I hope you have all had a lovely break and are feeling refreshed and ready for the term ahead. You are due back in school on WEDNESDAY 5TH JANUARY 2022 but some of you may have a lateral flow test booked on Tuesday 4th January. Please ensure you are prepared for school with the correct uniform and all the necessary equipment. There are lots of exciting opportunities this term and new topics to learn about. Remember that homework starts again this week and you will need to check Epraise for your expectations.
I have set us a new epraise target of 4,800 by the end of Spring 1. We can do this team - let's get earning those points and make our way back to the top of the Year 7 Leaderboard.
There are a few changes to your timetable - have a look further down the page to see the newest version. It is mainly PSHCE, reading and tutor time that has changed.
Your parents/carers will have received a letter online about the new covid restrictions in place. One of the biggest changes is about WEARING A MASK IN LESSONS. Please ensure you have a mask with you at all time unless exempt.
I am looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday.
- Back to school Wednesday 5th January
- Final reminders about poetry slam payment.
- Homework will be resumed.
Remember to check epraise and make a plan for when you will do your homework so you can make sure it is in on time. You will submit your first pieces this week.
- Phones - as part of our school policy, you must keep your mobile phones in the classroom safe throughout the school day. This is for the safety of all adults and pupils.
- Water bottles - please ensure you have a water bottle that you can refill throughout the day in order to stay hydrated.
Uniform - in order maintain high standards, we expect you to come to school in full uniform or PE kit on PE days. Please ask parents to contact your teacher if there is a reason for missing or alternative uniform.
Equipment - you are required to provide your own equipment (blue pen, pencil, red pen, ruler, eraser, sharpener and glue stick). It is essential that you come to school prepared for lessons.
- Homework - please see your epraise planner for your individual expectations. Where logins and passwords are required, you must record your details somewhere safe or if forgotten, contact your teacher before the due date.
You are expected to complete the following tasks weekly:
- Weekly Maths – Century online
- Weekly English – Century or Grammar tasks
- Daily Times Table Rock Stars Online - 5 minutes a day
- Daily Reading - 15 minutes a day
- Weekly Spellings Online - EdShed
You will all receive a ‘Citizenship Award’ booklet in the Autumn term. This is an award, just for year 7, that aims to help with character development and independence. Inside the booklet is a list of tasks we would like you to engage with and provide evidence that you have done so. After you have gathered evidence for at least 7/8 of the tasks, show your teacher and they will decide whether you have done enough to have your award signed off. There are three levels (bronze, silver and gold), which you can earn badges and merits for - these will be announced in assembly. Once achieved, you will see you name appear under the headings below...it is time to start gathering evidence! Good Luck!
BRONZE AWARDS SILVER AWARDS GOLD AWARDS
Head Teachers Awards:
Petra, Sam, Matthew, Henry, James & Molly
Epraise Leader Board
End of Spring 1 Target - 4,800
We are currently on: 3,374
Have a great week!
7JC Hall of Fame!
- Your PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!
- Please continue to read for pleasure and keep making your way around our BOOKOPOLY board (see below).
- Droitwich Library is open again. Alternatively, you can download free e-books and audiobooks from Worcestershire Libraries using BorrowBox. If you are not a library member, you can join instantly with a Digital Library Membership.
- Your homework will be set by your maths and English teachers. When you log onto epraise, you can click onto the calendar icon to see what you need to do and when it is due.
- I would love to add a copy of your work to our 'Hall of Fame' gallery.