Welcome to 7JC's class page
Monday 14th June
I hope you have had a lovely weekend! Well done for all your hard work last week. You earned lots of epraise points and we were top of the leaderboard in Mrs Bourne's assembly!
We have an important and exciting term ahead with lots to look forward to. It is also vital that you keep working towards your full potential and put the skills and knowledge you have acquired into action. We want you to leave Witton fully equipped for high school!
- Bring in a cereal box for art.
- Y7 Assessment week - see dates below:
Monday 14th June
Mental maths paper
Tuesday 15th June
Maths paper 1
Wednesday 16th June
Thursday 17th June
Maths paper 2
Friday 18th June
As part of our school policy, pupils must keep mobile phones in their classroom safe throughout the school day. This is for the safety of all adults and pupils.
Now you are settled back in school, we have reintroduced homework with a few added extras (Read Theory and Times Table Rock Stars). You are expected to complete the following tasks weekly:
- Maths – booklet and MyMaths Online
- English – SPaG booklet
- Daily Times Table Rock Stars Online
- Read Theory Online
Please see the epraise planner for your individual expectations. Where logins and passwords are required, you must record your details somewhere safe or if forgotten, contact your teacher before the due date.
Uniform and Equipment
In order maintain high standards, we expect you to come to school in full uniform or PE kit on PE days. We have noticed a number of children wearing trainers or missing their tie. Please contact ask parents to contact your teacher if there is a reason for missing or alternative uniform.
In addition to uniform, you are required to provide your own equipment (blue pen, pencil, red pen, ruler, eraser and glue stick). We are unable to share equipment under our covid-19 risk assessment and therefore it is essential that you come to school prepared for lessons.
You all received a ‘Citizenship Award’ booklet in the Autumn term. This is an award, just for year 7, that aims to help with character development and independence. Inside the booklet is a list of tasks we would like you to engage with and provide evidence that you have done so. There are three levels (bronze, silver and gold), which you can earn badges and merits for; finishing the year with an overall award presented in your end of year assembly. Lockdown has limited opportunities for you to gather evidence and only a small number of children have earned their bronze award so far. Now, that we have re-launched the award, I hope to award more badges in the coming weeks.
BRONZE AWARDS SILVER AWARDS GOLD AWARDS
We have noticed a number of children are coming to school without a water bottle. With the weather warming-up, please can you ensure you have a water bottle that you can refill throughout the day in order to stay hydrated.
Epraise Leader Board
Well done everyone in 7JC!
End of Summer 2 Target - 11,750 points
We are currently on: 10,941points
Have a great week!
7JC Hall of Fame!
- Please continue to read for pleasure and keep making your way around our BOOKOPOLY board (see below).
- Droitwich Library is open again. Alternatively, you can download free e-books and audiobooks from Worcestershire Libraries using BorrowBox. If you are not a library member, you can join instantly with a Digital Library Membership.
- Your PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!
- Your homework will be set by your maths and English teachers. When you log onto epraise, you can click onto the calendar icon to see what you need to do and when it is due.
- I would love to add a copy of your work to our 'Hall of Fame' gallery.