We are looking forward to welcoming you back to school and to begin your journey in year 7. School will be open for Y5 children on Monday 6th September, Y6 on Tuesday 7th September and then Y7 on Wednesday 8th September. When you arrive at school on Wednesday, please go straight on to the playground and your teachers will meet you there when it is time to line up. You can arrive from 8.15am and we will be lining up at 8.25am.
- Phones - as part of our school policy, you must keep your mobile phones in the classroom safe throughout the school day. This is for the safety of all adults and pupils.
- Water bottles - please ensure you have a water bottle that you can refill throughout the day in order to stay hydrated.
Uniform - in order maintain high standards, we expect you to come to school in full uniform or PE kit on PE days. Please ask parents to contact your teacher if there is a reason for missing or alternative uniform.
Equipment - you are required to provide your own equipment (blue pen, pencil, red pen, ruler, eraser, sharpener and glue stick). It is essential that you come to school prepared for lessons.
- Homework - please see your epraise planner for your individual expectations. Where logins and passwords are required, you must record your details somewhere safe or if forgotten, contact your teacher before the due date.
You are expected to complete the following tasks weekly:
- Weekly Maths – MyMaths/Diagnostic Questions Online
- Weekly English – Century or Grammar tasks
- Daily Times Table Rock Stars Online - 5 minutes a day
- Daily Reading - 15 minutes a day
- Weekly Spellings Online
You will all receive a ‘Citizenship Award’ booklet in the Autumn term. This is an award, just for year 7, that aims to help with character development and independence. Inside the booklet is a list of tasks we would like you to engage with and provide evidence that you have done so. After you have gathered evidence for at least 7/8 of the tasks, show your teacher and they will decide whether you have done enough to have your award signed off. There are three levels (bronze, silver and gold), which you can earn badges and merits for - these will be announced in assembly. Once achieved, you will see you name appear under the headings below...it is time to start gathering evidence! Good Luck!
BRONZE AWARDS SILVER AWARDS GOLD AWARDS
Epraise Leader Board -
End of Autumn 1 Target -
We are currently on: ......
Have a great week!
- Please continue to read for pleasure.
- Droitwich Library is open again. Alternatively, you can download free e-books and audiobooks from Worcestershire Libraries using BorrowBox. If you are not a library member, you can join instantly with a Digital Library Membership.
- Your homework will be set by your maths and English teachers. When you log onto epraise, you can click onto the calendar icon to see what you need to do and when it is due.
- I would love to add a copy of your work to our 'Hall of Fame' gallery.
- Your PE lessons are on Monday and Friday. Remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on those days. You can wear your school jumper over the top if it is chilly!
Hall of fame
- I look forward to recording your achievements in here!