Tuesday 19th January 2021
Hello again 5SW
This is a strange way to start the year. I am missing having you all in my classroom. We have some pupils in school and I have enjoyed seeing some of you in our live lessons. I hope that everyone is managing with the Home Learning. If you have got any problems send me an email.
In school we are following the same curriculum as you are with Home Learning except that we are doing our PSHCE and Reading sessions as usual. I hope that you are all managing to enjoy some reading time. I am also enjoying looking at the work that has been uploaded and there have been lots of epraise points to award for this effort.
I hope that it won’t be too long until we see each other again. Remember to do plenty of exercise, eat healthily and why not do some of our mindful breathing to help you to relax!
Stay safe 😊
Enjoy some walks in the Local countryside.
Keep on Reading!
Homework - check out the Year 5 sets pages for more information.
There will be no formal homework set in Y5 for Christmas BUT we do still expect you to continue to read as often as you can. Can you challenge yourself to read the most pages in a day, a week or during Christmas? See my reading challenge corner!
It would also be great to practise your Times Tables. There are some fab videos online to help with this. My maths group were bopping to the BBC ones last week along with the Man City Mascot!
Your homework will be given out every Wednesday and you will have until the following Wednesday to complete your tasks. It will consist of:
- 15 minutes of reading, 5 days a week (record all reading in your reading records).
- Spellings (issued on Tuesday and tested on Monday), practise twice a week for 15 minutes each.
- My maths two pieces per week (approx 20 minutes each - login to follow soon)
- Maths fluency (eg times tables) twice per week approx 15 minutes each
- Use your Pixl login and play 'The Check'.
- Grammar task (generally from a work book) approx 30 minutes.