Monday 28th September, 2020
We are now into week 5 of our Autumn term and you have really settled in well and are making great progress in your lessons. We have started 'addition and subtraction' in our new maths sets and are working hard to plug the gaps in your grammar and punctuation in English sets.
In Science, we have made our parachutes and we will be testing our parachutes to investigate how the surface area of parachutes affects air resistance. Your designs for an Anglo-Saxon village are looking impressive and you are now ready to start creating your Anglo-Saxon wall hanging in your next DT lesson.........this is all very exciting stuff!
Remember to read your own book for 15 minutes every night and complete your reading record to earn your Epraise reading points.
Keep up the great work, 5SW
Don't forget we have PE on Wednesdays and Thursdays so you'll need to wear your PE kit to school on those days.
Congratulations to our newly elected Eco Ambassadors and Reading Champions.
Homework - check out the Year 5 sets pages for more information.
Your homework will be given out every Wednesday and you will have until the following Wednesday to complete your tasks.
It will consist of:
- 15 minutes of reading, 5 days a week (record all reading in your reading records).
- Spellings (issued on Tuesday and tested on Monday), practise twice a week for 15 minutes each.
- Mymaths two pieces per week (approx 20 minutes each - login to follow soon)
- Maths fluency (eg times tables) twice per week approx 15 minutes each
- Use your Pixl login and play 'The Check'.
- Grammar task (generally from a work book) approx 30 minutes.