Welcome to 5JB class page!
I hope you all enjoyed your half term break and are refreshed and ready for this half term's learning. We are looking forward to our English curriculum based around Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Our maths continues with fractions then moves onto decimals and percentages. In our geography topic entitled 'How diverse is Scandinavia?' we will be finding out about the physical and human geography of Sweden, Norway and Denmark then planning a tourist visit to a Scandinavian destination.
Since joining Year 5, 5JB have earned a staggering 5.500 Epraise points! Let's aim to earn even more points this half term.
Photos of our team building day
- Phones- Switch your phone off at the front gate and keep it in the class safe.
- Water bottles - please ensure you have a water bottle that you can refill at break and lunch in order to stay hydrated.
- Uniform - in order maintain high standards, we expect you to come to school in full uniform or PE kit on PE days. Please ask parents to contact your teacher if there is a reason for missing or alternative uniform.
- Equipment - you are required to provide your own equipment (blue pen, pencil, red pen, ruler, eraser, sharpener, glue stick and whiteboard pen). It is essential that you come to school prepared for lessons.
- Homework - please see your Epraise planner for your individual expectations. Where logins and passwords are required, you must record your details in your red book or, if forgotten, contact your teacher before the due date.
You are expected to complete the following tasks weekly:
- Weekly English – Century tasks set by your English teacher.
- Weekly spellings- Log into Spelling Shed and complete the assignment set each Thursday.
- Daily Times Table Rock Stars Online - 5 minutes a day
- Weekly maths- Century tasks set by your maths teacher.
- Daily Reading - 15 minutes a day