WELCOME TO 5GH'S CLASS PAGE
Welcome to 5GH's Class Page
Welcome to 5GH's class page.
I am so proud of 5GH as they have come back to school after lockdown and settled back into normal routines. We have dived back into our learning head on, learning new debating skills in English, taking on challenging new decimals problems in Maths and have been learning all about plant reproduction in Science. We have particularly enjoyed learning about Scandinavia in Geography and everyone has been in awe of the beautiful scenery and culture. On top of all that, we have been learning about Judaism in Ethics, learning about Jews beliefs and celebrations with a real air of curiosity to understand each other. Well done 5GH! Keep it up.
Don't forget we have PE on Mondays and Thursdays so you'll need to wear your PE kit to school on those days.
Now that you are in year 5, we want to increase your independent learning to benefit you. Your homework will be given out every Wednesday and you will have until the following Wednesday to complete your tasks. It will consist of:
- 15 minutes of reading, 5 days a week (record all reading in your reading records)
- Spellings (issued on Tuesday and tested on Monday), practice twice a week for 15mins each.
- MyMaths two pieces per week (approx 20mins each)
- Maths fluency - Times Table Rockstars each day approx 10 mins.
- Grammar task (generally from a work book or worksheet) approx 30mins.
This will now be set by your English and Maths teachers. You can find a reminder of your homework on e-praise and on your own teacher's set homework tab.
We have been looking at seeds and the way they germinate this week. We currently have some cress seeds growing in our classroom as well as leeks, garlic and sweet potatoes!