Welcome to 5CW's class page!
We are delighted that you are all settling in so well to our class and our Witton community so well. We are looking forward to our English curriculum based around Peter Pan. Our maths 'kicks off' with place value then moves onto addition and subtraction. In our geography topic entitled 'What is the locality like and how could it change?', we will be finding out about the physical and human geography of Droitwich then conducting some fieldwork in our town centre to find out how our community would like to see our town changing.
We have already started earning lots of Epraise points in our first week of term and I know we will be a high earning class!
- Phones- Switch your phone off at the front gate and keep it in the class safe.
- Water bottles - please ensure you have a water bottle that you can refill at break and lunch in order to stay hydrated.
- Uniform - in order maintain high standards, we expect you to come to school in full uniform or PE kit on PE days. Please ask parents to contact your teacher if there is a reason for missing or alternative uniform.
- Equipment - you are required to provide your own equipment (blue pen, pencil, red pen, ruler, eraser, sharpener, glue stick and whiteboard pen). It is essential that you come to school prepared for lessons.
- Homework - please see your Epraise planner for your individual expectations. Where logins and passwords are required, you must record your details in your red book or, if forgotten, contact your teacher before the due date.
You are expected to complete the following tasks weekly:
- Weekly English – Century tasks set by your English teacher.
- Weekly spellings- Log into Spelling Shed and complete the assignment set each Thursday.
- Daily Times Table Rock Stars Online - 5 minutes a day
- Weekly maths- Century tasks set by your maths teacher.
- Daily Reading - 15 minutes a day