Year 7 Catch Up Funding 2019/20The catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support Year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading, writing or maths at the end of Key Stage 2 Read More
Catch Up Funding
|Number of children who didn’t meet expected standard in maths||33|
|Number of children who didn’t meet expected standard in reading||36|
|Number of children who didn’t meet expected standard in SPAG||41|
|Total catch-up funding allocation: £12,477|
- To narrow the gap by providing Literacy and Numeracy support to raise the attainment of those entitled to catch up funding.
- To provide accelerated learning through quality first teaching.
- To provide more opportunities to practise skills through the use of CPG workbooks.
- To identify barriers and close the gaps.
- To ensure that children are not disadvantaged on their transition to High School.
- To provide relevant and targeted support to individuals in the classroom through extra TA and teacher support.
- To provide small group targeted teaching to support the learning of targeted children.
Summary of Planned Expenditure:
|Maths and English lessons are supported by teaching assistants to allow for more group interventions.||10,843.93
|Additional reading time with a teaching assistant introduced for identified pupils.||3,098.27|
|TOTAL, from main school budget||23,430.80|
|Additional teacher support in maths lessons (2 days a week) to fill identified gaps in knowledge/learning. Autumn Term initially.||1,568.00|
|Introduced homework workbooks in maths and SPAG||51.00|
|Introduced ‘mymaths’ online resource||475.00|
|Maths sets – additional staffing
|PiXL subscription, to aid closing the gap||1,975.00|
|TOTAL, from Year 7 Catch Up Grant||9,871.72|
Impact for academic year 2018-19:
|% reaching ARE||Y7 Autumn||Y7 Spring||Y7 Summer|
|Start of Y7||End of Y7||+/-|
|Number of children who didn’t meet expected standard in maths||54||41||+13|
|Number of children who didn’t meet expected standard in reading||49||43||+6|
|Number of children who didn’t meet expected standard in writing||45||48||-3|
Witton Middle School
Please contact our School Office with any enquiries and you will be directed to speak to the right person where possible. You can either call, email or fill out the form on our contact page.
Witton Middle School, Old Coach Road, Droitwich, WR9 8BD