Year 7 Catch Up Funding 2018/19The catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support Year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading, writing or maths at the end of Key Stage 2 Read More
Catch Up Funding
|Number of children who didn’t meet expected standard in maths||54|
|Number of children who didn’t meet expected standard in reading||49|
|Number of children who didn’t meet expected standard in SPAG||44|
|Total catch-up funding allocation: £13,380|
- To narrow the gap by providing Literacy and Numeracy support to raise the attainment of those entitled to catch up funding.
- To provide accelerated learning through quality first teaching.
- To provide more opportunities to practise skills through the use of personalised workbooks.
- To identify barriers and close the gaps.
- To ensure that children are not disadvantaged on their transition to High School.
- To provide relevant and targeted support to individuals in the classroom but also through extra TA and teacher intervention groups.
- To provide small group targeted teaching to support the learning of targeted children.
Summary of Expenditure:
- Maths and English lessons are supported by teaching assistants to allow for more group interventions.
- Additional intervention time led by a qualified teacher (3 days a week) to overcome barriers and fill identified gaps in knowledge/learning.
- Introduced catch-up workbooks in maths and SPAG
- Additional reading time with a teaching assistant introduced for identified pupils.
- Extra provision for spellings, reading and times tables introduced and let by teaching assistants.
- Introduce a reading buddy group for identified pupils in an attempt to ignite their passion for reading
- Additional maths lesson per week for targeted pupils led by a maths specialist
- Introduce extra Accelerated Reader sessions where pupils can read and quiz in one session.
- Introduce booster sessions in assembly time led by teaching assistance with a focus on basic number skills, spelling and SPAG.
Impact for academic year 2017-18:
|End of Y6||End of Y7||Difference|
Witton Middle School
Please contact our School Office with any enquiries and you will be directed to speak to the right person where possible. You can either call, email or fill out the form on our contact page.